NEW VISITORS CENTRE OPEN
The multi award-winning Port Arthur Historic Site formally opened its newly developed Visitor Centre on Monday 18 December.
The new centre features a new restaurant – 1830,
where diners can enjoy fresh local produce with views out over the World
Heritage site. The popular café has been expanded to include different
styles of service with additional outdoor dining space. There is a
dedicated space for walkers embarking on the Three Capes Track to
prepare for their adventure. Even more exciting is the introduction of
52 new character cards in a state-of-the-art interactive gallery
inviting you to delve deeper into the who, what and when of Port
Arthur’s fascinating and layered history.
New Operations from 18 December:
- Access to the Historic Site will be via the Visitor Centre main entrance.
- Guided Tours will once again depart from the lower level of the Visitor Centre.
- Ghost Tours will resume to their normal operations starting from the Visitor Centre.
- Café will be open from 9am-8.30pm
- Three Capes Track walkers will have a dedicated check in counter and luggage storage area in the lower level of the Visitor Centre
- The NEW Port Arthur Gallery will be open for all visitors to explore the history and stories of Port Arthur
We will keep you updated in the coming weeks as 1830 opens with a new menu.
The entire team at Port Arthur Historic Site invites you to
experience this exciting new development. We would like to thank you
again for your patience throughout this year’s construction works and we
look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Click here for a sneak preview: http://bit.ly/2nW6eWS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Coach Groups
Coach arrivals from Monday December 18 will be on Level 0, with
access via a boom gate. Access codes will be granted to coach companies
in due course as you visit the site. Click here for a map.
One of our friendly staff will meet arriving coaches at the drop off area to assist with managing passengers, if necessary.
All coaches are reminded to park long enough to collect tickets from
inside our new building and issue them to the passengers before moving
vehicles to the coach parking areas. Ideally the passengers can be
dropped off and our attendant will stay with the group while the driver
relocates the vehicle.